Sevilla vs Barcelona, is one of the best encounters from La Liga in recent years. This time around its special for few additional reasons. This post includes a match preview, statistics and best odds for the match, as well as stream availability and complete La Liga R30 schedule.
Sevilla vs Barcelona, one of the biggest matches from La Liga in recent years. Sevilla who has won an European trophy in 3 of the last 4 seasons, even if it’s Europa League it’s still impressive. And Barcelona, who has been, is and probably will be for a while one of the best teams in world football. But before going into detail about Sevilla vs FC Barcelona, here is the full schedule of La Liga R30:
La Liga R30, Saturday 31st of March
- 12.00 – Girona vs Levante
- 15.15 – Athletic Bilbao vs Celta Vigo
- 17.30 – Las Palmas vs Real Madrid
- 19.45 – Sevilla vs Barcelona
La Liga R30, Sunday 1st of April
- 11.00 – Espanyol vs Alaves
- 15.15 – Leganes vs Valencia
- 17.30 – Eibar vs Real Sociedad
- 17.30 – Malaga vs Villarreal
- 19.45 Deportivo la Coruna vs Atletico Madrid
La Liga R30, Monday 2nd of April
- 20.00 – Getafe vs Real Betis
Sevilla vs Barcelona preview
Sevilla now faces an uphill battle to reach Champions League for the next season, they need to win this match to rejuvenate their campaign to reach top4. Even if they win their remaining 9 matches, it’s still unlikely that they would reach Valencia OR Real Madrid who are 14 and 15 points away at the moment. Although their chances may improve if they finish above Villarreal in 5th, who just 2 points ahead of them. I’m not exactly sure how the current UCL/UEL winners would change the Champions League qualification process; If Atletico Madrid wins Europa League, they will qualify to Champions League with that triumph, so their position in La Liga table would be neglected in that sense, that would mean the 5th team qualifies to the “qualifying stage” of Champions League i presume? Anyway, Sevilla still has a chance on their own in Champions League, they face Bayern Munich on the next Tuesday.
Barcelona, have all but reached the finish line in La Liga this season. They hold 11 point gap over 2nd placed Atletico Madrid, 15 points advantage over Real Madrid and 16 ahead of Valencia. La Liga title battle is dead and buried, the battle now remains who finishes 2nd and 3rd and who has to play an extra set of matches to reach the Champions League group stage next season. Of course the winner of UCL and UEL could complicate those things, but as im little bit lost on the subject i wont comment much more on that matter.
Going into the Sevilla vs Barcelona match, Sevilla does not have too many injuries to worry with. Jesus Navas is the most important player missing with injury. But then again, Navas missing is a huge deal, because he has been absolutely excellent playing as wingback this season. The only other injured player for Sevilla is Sebastian Corchia, who likely would not start even if he was fully fit. Remains to be seen who takes Navas place in the defensive line-up, Gabriel Mercade has been playing as a RB but he offers very little offensively.
Barcelona’s squad took some hits on the international break, and they are missing a handful of players going into the Sevilla vs Barcelona match on Saturday 31st of March. Players such as Lionel Messi, Sergio Busguets, Marc Andre Ter Stegen, Andres Iniesta and Gerard Pique has all been having some minor injuries to worry with. Lionel Messi should be able to take part, as his absence in the humiliation vs Spain was probably just precautionary. Same goes for Sergio Busguets. Andes Iniesta and Gerard Pique was substituted out with knock’s on the Argentina match and it remains to be seen if they are fully fit to start vs Sevilla. Lucas Digne will definitely be out for 2 to 3 weeks after picking up a strain in France vs Colombia match.
There is another interesting factor to be considered in Sevilla vs Barcelona; The teams meet again in 3 weeks, in the Copa Del Rey Final. This match should provide something for both teams to prepare for that match, which to be fair should be more important for both teams given the state of La Liga at present.
Sevilla vs Barcelona statistics
- Historical H2H; Sevilla 11W, Barcelona 31W and 12 matches has ended as a draw.
- Last 10 matches H2H; Sevilla 1W, Barcelona 6W and 3 of the matches has ended as a draw.
- H2H last 5 La Liga matches; Sevilla 1W, Barcelona 4W.
- Sevilla form of last 5 La Liga matches; 2W, 3L.
- Barcelona form of last 5 La Liga matches; 4W, 1D.
- Barcelona has won last 5 matches vs Sevilla in all competitions.
- Sevilla has scored 37 goals in 29 matches, that’s and average of 1,27 goals per match.
- Sevilla has conceded 44 goals in 29 matches, that’s an average of 1,51 goals per match.
- Barcelona has scored 74 goals in 29 matches, that’s and average of 2,55 goals per match.
- Barcelona has conceded 13 goals in 29 matches, that’s an average of 0,44 goals per match.
- Lionel Messi is the leading goalscorer of Barcelona with 25 goals in La Liga, hes also the top goalscorer of La Liga ahead of Cristiano Ronaldo(22) and Luis Suarez(21).
- Wissam Ben Yedder is the leading goalscorer of Sevilla with 7 goals in La Liga, Luis Muriel and Pablo Sarabia both have 6 goals.
- In all competitions Lionel Messi has scored 36 goals this season, Ben Yedder has scored 22 goals this season.
- Barcelona won the 1st encounter of the season 2-1 on 4th of November 2017.
- Sevilla vs Barcelona will be played on 31st of March, kick-off time 19.45(GMT).
Sevilla vs Barcelona odds comparison
- Betsafe odds: Sevilla 4.55, draw 3.95, Barcelona 1.75
- Betsson odds: Sevilla 4.55, draw 3.95, Barcelona 1.75
- Unibet odds: Sevilla 4.60, draw 3.85, Barcelona 1.75
- William Hill odds: Sevilla 4.50, draw 3.80, Barcelona 1.73
At the time of writing best odds for Sevilla victory are offered by Unibet, best odds for a draw are offered by Betsafe and Betsson. Best odds for Barcelona victory are offered(marginally, but still) by Betsafe, Betsson and Unibet. There will be a stream available for this match through Betsson and Unibet Live.
Sevilla vs Barcelona will be an amazing match of football, without a doubt the most interesting match European Football has to offer this weekend. Though it most certainly is not the only big match, as there are few colossal matches on Saturday and Sunday, such as; Juventus vs Milan on Saturday simultaneously with Sevilla vs Barca, on paper this match is colossal every year, but the decline of AC Milan has made this match little bit less attractive over the past 10 years. Another great match on Saturday comes from Bundesliga, Bayern Munchen vs Borussia Dortmund. From Premier League there is another London Derby coming up, this time Chelsea vs Tottenham on Sunday 1st of April. A match preview of Chelsea vs Tottenham will be posted tomorrow. Juventus vs AC Milan would also deserve a post on its own, for the sake of the history of that match-up alone, but afraid i don’t have time to push it through.