Real Madrid vs Bayern Munich, Champions League quarterfinal 2nd leg match will be played on Tuesday 18th of April on Santiago Bernabeu.
Real Madrid vs Bayern Munich 1st leg ended in Real Madrid’s 1-2 away victory in Allianz Arena. The result gives them a great advantage, but the tie is nowhere near finished yet. Check out Real Madrid vs Bayern post for the 1.5.2018 UCL semifinal 2nd leg match preview.
Gareth Bale and Cristiano Ronaldo both left the pitch with some muscular problems, Gareth Bale will likely miss the UCL return leg match. Cristiano Ronaldo will be rested on Real Madrid’s La Liga match vs Sporting Gijon and should be fit to play in the Real Madrid vs Bayern Munich 2nd leg match.
Cristiano Ronaldo scored his 100th UEFA competition goal in the match, being the first ever player to achieve the feat. First, of likely the only two players who will EVER achieve the feat:
So happy with the victory tonight and to have reached ????⚽ in European competitions.
A huge thanks to all my team mates and coaches. pic.twitter.com/sCamfVFwvE
— Cristiano Ronaldo (@Cristiano) 13. huhtikuuta 2017
Real Madrid is undefeated in 14 UEFA Champions League matches. If that record keeps intact, they will move on to Semifinals and towards the feat that no team in the history of the competition has achieved; back to back Champions League titles. But then again, no team has achieved that feat in Champions League era, the reason for that is the extremely competitive nature of the UEFA Champions League.
Before the 1st leg quarterfinal matches, Barcelona was the odds on favourite to lift the trophy, Bayern Munich was the second favourite, Real Madrid the third favourite. After the 1st leg quarterfinals the odds has changed dramatically, here are the Champions League winner odds.
- Real Madrid 2/1
- Juventus 3/1
- Atletico Madrid 9/2
- Monaco 9/1
- Bayern Munich 11/1
- Barcelona 16/1
- Borussia Dortmund 25/1
- Leicester 40/1
Now if you happen to think that Bayern Munich will take care of Real in the return leg, this bet could be very lucrative with 11/1 (if that happens the odds will come crashing down, making this THE moment to place such bet). Leicester’s 40/1 odds doesn’t look that bad either, if you happen to believe in the team that is. I mean, remember that one guy, who had Leicester winning Premier League with 5000/1 odds (he probably have had it every single year Leicester has been in Premier League though, good for him). He had a £50 bet, he made £250 000 with that bet!
Real Madrid vs Bayern Munich, is basically the same exact match-up as it was in the 1st leg, with only minor differences.
Basically the only difference in Real Madrid vs Bayern Munich 2nd leg is, that Bayern Munich will need to score at least 2 goals. Expect a very offensive formation from the Bavarians, making the match possibly a free-for-all goal fest. Small details will decide the outcome, just like in the last match.
For example, IF Arturo Vidal did not shoot his PK to the moon (even if it should not have been a PK in the first place) and placed it in the net, the match would have been completely different. 2-0 for the home side at half time, Real Madrid would not have turned it around. Now Bayern was little bit lucky as well, Real Madrid could have scored many more goals if anyone else other than Cristiano Ronaldo had their shooting boots on. Karim Benzema had multiple chances to score, Gareth Bale had a few. Sergio Ramos got the ball in the net, to none’s surprise on 92nd minute from a corner, but it was called as a offside, rightly so got to be said.
Only Javi Martinez will miss the match with a suspension. Other Bayern players who could miss the match are Mats Hummels and Robert Lewandowski. Lewandowski could make a comeback to Bayern roster though (and oh boy do the bavarians need him, maybe more than ever). Lewandowski knows how to score vs Real Madrid as well, when he played for BVB he singlehandedly destroyed Real Madrid in 2013.
Real Madrid are without Pepe and Raphael Varane. Gareth Bale will also likely miss the match, Cristiano Ronaldo will face a late fitness test, but he should be able to play the match. I kind of hope that Zidane gives some RM Castilla kid a chance in the match, talking about Centre back options of course. Player’s like Lienhart or Abner could pair up with Sergio Ramos, but Nacho will likely start the match with Ramos. Another debate is ongoing who should replace Gareth Bale if he will miss the match. Isco, Marco Asensio or Lucas Vazguez will replace him, but who should it be? I hope it’s either Isco or Asensio, but knowing Zidane its likely Vazguez (who was amazing last season, not so much this season).
Real Madrid vs Bayern Munich Press conferece, what did Zidane and Ancelotti have to say?
Bayern have a brilliant squad in all departments. We know they have a lot of quality, but like any side they have their weak spots. We’ll need to play our game, prepare as well as we did for the first leg, and we won’t be resting on our laurels. Bayern will be a big game which will be won on small details.
We need to produce a performance. We want to win this game, we’ve forgotten the first leg and we will go out to win. We know how difficult Bayern are home and away. They don’t change much and they’ll pressure you until the final whistle. We need to play very, very, very well.
We will need a great performance to go through. We have less of chance than a week ago, but we still have a chance. I was here for two years, I have unforgettable memories from that time.
Today’s training session is important for Boateng and Hummels. Lewandowski is OK – he trained yesterday with everyone and is fine. The other two trained individually. We need to test them on the pitch with the ball but I think they have a great chance of playing. Obviously Lewandowski’s presence will help us, but we won’t be changing our approach, we will play as we have all year. He’s a big player who scores a lot of goals for us and gives us more confidence.
Real Madrid vs Bayern Munich statistics and odds comparison
Real Madrid vs Bayern Munich statistics:
- Real Madrid, is the most successful club in UEFA Champions League/European Cup history with 11 titles (1956, 1957, 1958, 1959, 1960, 1966, 1998, 2000, 2002, 20014, 2016).
- Bayern Munich is the 3rd most successful club in Champions League/European Cup history with 5 titles (1974, 1975, 1976, 2001, 2013).
- Bayern Munich vs Real Madrid H2H statistics of previous 23 matches; Bayern 11 wins, Real Madrid 10 wins and 2 of the matches has ended as a draw.
- Real Madrid still is one of the two undefeated sides left in Champions League this season, the other one is Juventus.
- Real Madrid has won last 3 UEFA Champions League knockout matches vs Bayern Munich scoring 6 and conceding 1.
- This is the 28th time Bayern Munich appears in UEFA Champions League quarterfinal, of the previous 27 they have advanced victorious 18 times.
- This is the 34th time Real Madrid appears in UEFA Champions League quarterfinal, of the previous 33 they have advanced victorious 27 times.
- 1st leg Bayern vs Real Madrid ended 1-2. Bayern Munich need to win and score at least 2 goals to advance to the semifinals. 1-2 result will take the match to extra time and possibly to a penalty shootout.
- Last time Bayern vs Real Madrid UEFA knockout match 1st leg ended 1-2 in Germany, it was 2011-2012 season. Bayern Munich won the return leg at Bernabeu 1-2, and advanced to the Final after winning penalty shootout vs Real Madrid.
- Real Madrid has won last 6 knockout stage matches at home vs Bayern Munich.
- Bayern Munich record away at Santiago Bernabeu from 12 matches; 2W, 1D, 9L.
- Real Madrid is unbeaten in last 12 UEFA Champions League home matches(14 overall).
- Real Madrid vs Bayern Munich match kick-off is 19.45 on Tuesday 18th of April.
Real Madrid vs Bayern Munich odds comparison:
- Unibet odds: Real Madrid 29/20, draw 29/10, Bayern Munich 7/4
- William Hill odds: Real Madrid 7/5, draw 11/4, Bayern Munich 7/4
Best odds Updated 14.00 18th of April (Bet365, Betfair and Unibet had the best overall odds few days ago, but on match-day Unibet and Bet365 pulled clear); Best odds for Real Madrid victory are offered by Unibet. Best odds for a draw are offered by Bet365 and Unibet. Best odds for Bayern Munich victory are offered by Bet365. I will try to keep the Real Madrid vs Bayern Munich odds comparison up to date, as much as possible.
Real Madrid vs Bayern Munich might be the best out of all 4 UEFA Champions League quarterfinal matches. But each and every one of the matches has something to look out for. In addition to Real Madrid vs Bayern there is Leicester vs Atletico Madrid being played on Tuesday 18th of April. On Wednesday 19th of April there are also two matches, Barcelona vs Juventus and Monaco vs Dortmund. Match’s preview’s of the other 3 matches will be posted between Saturday and Sunday.