Juventus vs Barcelona, UCL quarterfinal 1st leg on Tuesday 11th of April. This match has all the potential in the world to be a great match. This same exact match-up, was the final showdown of UEFA Champions League 2015.
Juventus vs Barcelona, UCL quarterfinal 1st leg on Tuesday 11th of April. It’s a colossal match, as any UCL Semifinal match should be. Juventus are out to revenge the 2015 Champions League final, which Barcelona won 3-1 in the Berlin showdown. Juventus are heading comfortably for a 6th Scudetto on the run, where as Barcelona are chasing Real Madrid to get their third La Liga title on the run. Though, Barcelona just might play this Juventus vs Barcelona match as the front-runner of La Liga; as Real Madrid vs Atletico Madrid being played on Saturday 8th of April could end up favourably for Barcelona. Update 10th of April 23.00; Well they blew that one. The Madrid Derby ended 1-1, giving Barcelona a nice window of opportunity to catch RMA. They got beaten 2-0 against Malaga and La Liga title chase is an uphill battle for the remaining 7 matches.
Juventus vs Barcelona 1st leg quarterfinal has few interesting twists in the plot. Barcelona are without their commanding midfielder Sergio Busquets, who is suspended for the match. Juventus right-back Dani Alves makes his first appearance against his old club, of which he has some bad blood with. The battle on the right side of Juventus/left side of Barcelona will be the most interesting duel of the night, as Neymar takes on his international teammate Dani Alves.
Juventus is one of the best defensively organized teams in Europe, where as Barcelona has maybe the scariest attacking trio EVER in football. The contrast is, that Barcelona’s defense has looked very vulnerable at times, where as the attack of Juventus is among the very best in the world (at times, anyway). But the 2 Napoli vs Juventus matches of this past week, also revealed some vulnerabilities in the Juventus defense. Physically they can take any team on Europe, but their weakest moment is when they are running towards their own goal, which they will be doing at some point vs Barcelona.
Then there is that one interesting “mini-game” inside the actual Juventus vs Barcelona match; Giorgio Chiellini vs Luis Suarez, now some of you might remember what the story with these two players is. Luis Suarez, has tried to BITE Giorgio Chiellini not once, but TWICE! The first attempt was in the Confederations Cup in Brazil 2013, the second time of which he got a 6 month BAN FROM FOOTBALL all together happened in the World Cup Brazil. The video below show’s the scene from the World Cup incident (though it doesn’t have exactly correct information about Suarez and his history on biting, it’s actually missing that Confederations Cup bite):
But yeah, that meeting between Luis Suarez and the man who he has BITTEN, not once but TWICE, might be the other battle to watch out for. It wouldn’t be a shocker if there was something similar happening in the heat of the moment, if/when Suarez gets frustrated. He will be targeted for some extra roughness throughout the match, because the Italian’s are no stranger for foul play either. They acknowledge the history of Suarez, and will 100% certainly try to take advantage of the situation, by any means necessary.
Juventus vs Barcelona Lineup update Monday April 10th, 23.00;
- Juventus are only missing Pjaca who is out injured for rest of the season. They have no suspensions, and only one player is on yellow card away from suspension, that player is Cuadrado.
- Barcelona are without Sergio Busquets (suspension), Rafinha (injury), Arda Turan (injury) and Aleix Vidal (injury). Neymar, Pique and Rakitic are all a booking away from suspension, that might affect their level of play somehow. Juventus will likely target Neymar (as well as Suarez for obvious reasons) with some extra roughness considering Neymar had a “colourful” weekend match.
Juventus vs Barcelona statistics and odds comparison
Juventus vs Barcelona statistics:
- Barcelona, is the 4th most successful club in European Cup/Champions League history with 5 titles (1992, 2006, 2009, 2011, 2015).
- Juventus, is the 9th most Successful club in European Cup/Champions League history with 2 titles (1985, 1996).
- Juventus, is the team who has LOST an European Cup/Champions League final most times in the history, total of 6 finals lost, the latest being vs Barcelona in 2015.
- This will be 8th time Juventus and Barcelona meet in UEFA competitions; 7 Previous of which Juventus has won 2, Barcelona 3 and 2 matches has ended as a draw.
- Juventus history vs Spanish teams in UEFA competitions; 51 matches, of which they have won 18, lost 20 and 13 of the matches has ended as a draw (scored 58, conceded 55).
- Barcelona history vs Italian teams in UEFA competitions; 46 matches, of which they have won 23, lost 9 and 14 of the matches has ended as a draw (scored 81, conceded 46).
- Barcelona, broke records (and hearts in Paris/France/throughout Europe) in their quarterfinal meeting Barcelona vs PSG, comeback from 4-0 1st leg defeat to advance with an aggregate result of 6-5
- This is the 17th time Juventus are playing in an European Cup quarterfinal; of the previous 16 they have won 11 and lost 5.
- This is the 19th time Barcelona are playing in an European Cup quarterfinal; of the previous 18 they have won 14 and lost 4.
- This is the 10th time in a row (UEFA record) Barcelona has reached a quarterfinal stage of the competition.
- Juventus is on a 21-match long undefeated home run, in UEFA competitions.
- There is only 2 undefeated sides left in the Champions League 2016-2017, Juventus is one of them (Real Madrid is the other one).
- Juventus vs Barcelona kick-off; Tuesday 11th of April 19.45 (UK). The return leg will be played on Wednesday 19th of April at Camp Nou in Barcelona.
Juventus vs Barcelona odds comparison:
- Bet365 odds (+100% first deposit bonus): Juventus 13/8, draw 12/5, Barcelona 15/8
- Betfair odds (risk free £20 bet sign-up bonus): Juventus 13/8, draw 23/10, Barcelona 9/5
- Ladbrokes odds (free £50 bet sign-up bonus): Juventus 6/4, draw 11/5, Barcelona 9/5
- Unibet odds (risk free £30 bet sign-up bonus): Juventus 8/5, draw 47/20, Barcelona 19/10
- William Hill odds (bet £10, get £30 in free bets sign-up bonus): Juventus 6/4, draw 21/10, Barcelona 19/10
Best odds updated April 10th 23.00; Best odds for Juventus victory are offered by Bet365 and Betfair. Best odds for a draw are offered by Bet365 (Unibet nearly as good). Best odds for Barcelona victory are offered by Unibet and William Hill. The odds are bound to change as the match is still 4 days away, i will try to keep the Juventus vs Barcelona odds comparison up to date.
Juventus vs Barcelona, is one of the 24 Huge football matches in April. As is each and every other of the UCL quarterfinal matches. The other UEFA Champions League quarterfinals are; BVB vs Monaco also on Tuesday, Bayern Munich vs Real Madrid and Atletico Madrid vs Leicester on Wednesday.