Inter vs AC Milan, Derby della Madonnina, Derby di Milano or just Milan Derby, is one of the biggest derbies in European football, well it USED to be anyway…
Inter vs AC Milan, Milan Derby from Serie A on Saturday 15th of April. It’s been years since these two teams were at the top of their game, but this match is always entertaining no matter the form, table position or any other changing factor.
That being said, neither team has performed as well as the fans and/or the football betting crowd has expected. For me personally, there is no team or teams that i hate with more passion than Internazionale or AC Milan. Mainly because ive missed on boatload’s of money because one or the other Milan team this season… Regardless, i ALWAYS get fired up for this match, always. After all, it still is one of the biggest city derbies in European football.
First little general information of Inter vs AC Milan match. The Milan derby is called “Derby della Madonnina”, it is named after one of the biggest sight’s in city of Milano; The statue of Virgin Mary (Madonnina, in Italian) at the top of Duomo (Cathedral of Milano). It is one of the few association football city derbies of which is always played on the same stadium, in this case, San Siro/Giuseppe Meazza (the other big city derby always played on the same stadium is also taking place in Italy, Derby della capitale, in other words AS Roma vs Lazio). San Siro is the 5th biggest football stadium in Europe, 4th of the football stadiums which is used for association football.
Inter vs AC Milan used to be heavily political, geographically as well as geopolitically classified match-up. Internazionale used to be the team of the “higher class” Milanistas, where as AC Milan used to be the club for the working class. The classification of the fan base’s has since then been mitigated to non-existent, largely due to Silvio Berlusconi taking over AC Milan in 1986. After which, AC Milan has been one of the most successful club in Europe, with 5 European Cup/Champions League title’s (7 overall). In fact, AC Milan is the 2nd most succesful club in European Cup/Champions League history, only behind Real Madrid.
- Historical achievements of Internazionale; 18 Scudetto’s, 7 Coppa Italia title’s, 5 Supercoppa Italiana title’s, 3 European Cup/Champions League title’s and 3 UEFA Cup title’s. And also 3 intercontinental Cup/Club World Cup title’s. With a grand total of 39 titles won.
- Historical achievements of AC Milan; 18 Scudetto’s, 5 Coppa Italia title’s, 7 SuperCoppa Italiana title’s, 7 European Cup/Champions League title’s, 2 UEFA Cup winners Cup titles and 5 UEFA Super Cup titles. And also 4 Intercontinental Cup/Club World Cup titles. With a grand total of 49 titles won.
Recent years have been tough for both teams, with little to no success on any fronts. Both teams are struggling to qualify for next season’s UEFA competitions. This 2016-2017 season, Inter took part in Europa League with disastrous results; Inter finished last in the Group K consisting Sparta Prague, Hapoel Beer Sheva and Southampton winning twice and losing 4 matches. AC Milan has not qualified for UEFA competitions after 2014, their last Scudetto title is from 2011.
Inter vs AC Milan statistics and odds comparison
Inter vs AC Milan statistics:
- 217 official matches have been played between the sides, of which Inter has won 77, AC Milan has won 75 and 65 matches has ended as a draw.
- In Serie A there have been 165 matches, of which Inter has won 61, AC Milan has won 51 and 52 of the matches has ended as a draw.
- Serie A form of last 5 matches, Internazionale; 2W, 1D, 2L.
- Serie A form of last 5 matches, AC Milan; 3W, 1D, 1L.
- H2H last 5 Serie A matches; Inter 1W, AC Milan 1W and 3 matches has ended as a draw.
- H2H last 10 Serie A matches; Inter 4W, AC Milan 2W and 4 of the matches has ended as a draw.
- First Serie A encounter of the season ended 2-2.
- Inter is 7th in Serie A table, with 55 points after 31 matches (5 points away from Europa League qualifying position).
- AC milan is 6th in Serie A table, with 57 points after 31 matches (2 points away from Europa League qualifying position).
- Derby della Madonnina match kick-off is 11.30 on Saturday 15th of April
- The Milan derby(as well as any other Serie A, La Liga and Ligue 1 match) can be streamed through Unibet Live.
Inter vs AC Milan odds comparison:
- Unibet odds: Inter 51/50, draw 13/5, AC Milan 13/5
- William Hill odds: Inter 11/10, draw 13/5, AC Milan 23/10
Best odds at the time of writing; Best odds for Inter victory are offered by Betfair. Best odds for a draw are offered by Betfair, Unibet and William Hill. Best odds for AC Milan victory are offered by Unibet. I will regularly update the Inter vs AC Milan odds comparison.
Inter vs AC Milan might be the best match of the weekend, the only rival is MUFC vs Chelsea (of which a preview is posted today/tomorrow). It most definitely is among the list of 24 huge matches in April. The kick-off time is unusually early, but if there is a match worth getting up early for, it is this match.