This is a very brief post about EFL Cup final odds comparison.
Before going into the actual EFL Cup Final odds comparison, here is a little information about the match followed with team news and statistics:
The EFL Cup final takes place 16.30, Sunday 26th of February. MUFC vs Southampton. The match is played in Wembley Stadium, the second biggest football stadium in Europe.
Team news ahead of the match:
- MUFC are going into the match without Henrik Mkitharyan, who got injured in Europa League match vs Saint-Etienne. Phil Jones might also miss the match. Wayne Rooney is back to full fitness as is Michael Carrick.
- Southampton’s injury list is considerably bigger. They are definitely without Charlie Austin, Virgil Van Dijk, Alex McCarthy and Matt Targett. Sofiane Boufal will also likely miss the match due to recently suffered ankle knock.
Some statistics about the EFL Cup final:
- It’s been 40 years, since Southampton last won a major title. Ironically, that match was an FA cup final vs Manchester United.
- Last time Southampton got into a League cup final, the year was 1979. They lost that match to Nottingham Forest 3-2.
- Southampton is only the second EVER team in League Cup history, to make it into the final without conceding a single goal. If they win the match without conceding, they will be the first ever team to achieve that feat.
- This is the first possible silverware for Jose Mourinho at the helm of Manchester United. Might also be the best chance for them, even if they are still involved in 4 different competitions, or maybe just because of that.
- This is Manchester United’s 9th League Cup final appearance. Out of the previous 8 they have won 4. 2010 being the most recent success.
- Last, and only time Manchester United and Southampton faced off in a Cup Final match, was in 1976. FA Cup final, which Southampton won 1-0.
- Jose Mourinho, has never lost a Cup Final in England(EFL or FA Cup). He has won 3 EFL cup’s and 1 FA Cup.
And now to the EFL Cup final odds comparison:
- Bet365 odds: Manchester United 3/4, Draw 27/10, Southampton 9/2
- Ladbrokes odds: Manchester United 4/5, Draw 5/2, Southampton 4/1
- Unibet odds: Manchester United 37/50, Draw 11/4, Southampton 9/2
- William Hill odds: Manchester United 4/5, Draw 5/2, Southampton 4/1
Best odds for Manchester United victory are offered by Ladbrokes and William Hill. Best odds for a draw are offered by Unibet. Best odds for Southampton victory are offered by Bet365 and Unibet.
There you have it, the EFL Cup final odds comparison. One note about the match, you can use the Bet365 streaming service and Unibet streaming service(likely other one’s as well, but those are the one’s i use so yeah can’t really talk about others much). They are free to use, but you need to have an account and at least £1 balance on it(no betting is requires to use the streams!). All of those 4 betting site’s also have varying sign-up bonuses you might want to take advantage of. Such as free £50 bet, 100% first deposit bonus etcetera. Either way, enjoy of the MUFC vs Southampton EFL Cup final!