Copa Del Rey Final, Sevilla vs Barcelona will be played on Saturday 21st of April, at the Wanda Metropolitano stadium in Madrid. This post includes a short preview, statistics, best odds and stream availability for the Copa Del Rey Final.
This Copa Del Rey Final, Sevilla vs Barcelona is the second time the teams match-up against each other within 3 weeks. 3 weeks ago Sevilla put out a dominant display, dominating the first 80 minutes of the match completely, just to be crumbled in few minutes at the end of the match. Well, it wasnt a complete meltdown, as the match ended 2-2, but Sevilla held Barcelona 2-0 for up to 88 minutes, and could have easily scored 2 or 3 goals more in the match. They failed to convert their chances, and Barcelona eventually managed to score 2 goals through Lionel Messi and Luis Suarez within 2 minutes just before full-time whistle.
Funny thing about that match, is that the press in Spain declared that match one of the worst performances by Barcelona throughout the season. But it was irrelevant how good or bad Barcelona performed, as Sevilla was dominating them on every aspect of the game. Apart the few minutes, in which they made two mistakes that cost them dearly.
Much have happened since that match. Both teams ended their European Campaign at the same stage of the competition, in the quarterfinals. Sevilla succumbed to Bayern Munchen, where as Barcelona was humiliated in Italy by AS Roma. Barcelona are the runaway leaders in La Liga, and they could possibly clinch the Liga title in the next round, if Atletico Madrid fail to win their next 2 matches. For Sevilla, this Copa Del Rey Final is the only chance for silverware this season. Also, reaching the Copa Del Rey final grants them qualification to Europa League next season, even if they don’t win, as Barcelona are guaranteed for Champions League football through La Liga standings.
Both teams played out a draw in their penultimate match before the Copa Del Rey Final. Barcelona were held to a 2-2 draw away at Balaidos, vs Celta Vigo, Sevilla were held to a 0-0 draw away at Deportivo la Coruna. To make it short, neither team really shined in their warm-up match for the final. Both teams rested a number of key players in those matches though.
Copa Del Rey final should be an all out war, between two of the most exciting teams in Spain. Two players who will have a great effect in the match, however it turns out, are both Argentinians; Ever Banega and Lionel Messi. Ever Banega is amazing midfielder, who not only dominates the attacking play of Sevilla, but is also major part of their defensive display. Lionel Messi needs no introduction, he’s everything and anything Barcelona does, without him Barcelona would be nowhere near as frightening of a team. Just him being on the pitch, generates room for other players to roam free into, improving Barcelona instantly, like happened in the 2-2 draw vs Celta Vigo.
Lionel Messi got praised by his effect on the play in the previous Sevilla vs Barcelona encounter, but it was actually Lionel Messi who almost gave the match away multiple times. He lost the ball 9 to 10 times, of which each time Sevilla got an overpower counter-attack situation. Sevilla just failed to convert those chances. Sevilla needs to be much more clinical in the Copa Del Rey final, if they wish to have any success on the match. Because Lionel Messi and Luis Suarez will capitalize on any mistakes made by Sevilla.
Copa Del Rey final, Sevilla vs Barcelona statistics
- Historical H2H; Sevilla 11W, Barcelona 31W and 13 matches has ended as a draw.
- The teams have played against eachother twice this season; Barcelona won the 1st match of the season 2-1, and the 2nd meeting ended in 2-2 draw at Sevilla 3 weeks ago.
- Last 10 matches H2H; Sevilla 1W, Barcelona 5W and 4 of the matches has ended as a draw.
- Barcelona are looking for 4th Copa Del Rey final victory in a row.
- Sevilla last won Copa Del Rey in 2010, they were the losing side vs Barcelona in 2016, a match which Barcelona won on extra time 2-0.
- Barcelona has won Copa Del Rey 29 times, a competition record.
- Sevilla has won Copa Del Rey 5 times.
- Lionel Messi is the 9th ranked goalscorer in the history of Copa Del Rey with 47 goals.
- The copa final is hosted on Atletico Madrid ground for the third time in a row, but first time in Wanda Metropolitano.
- Sevilla vs Barcelona Copa Del Rey final kick-off 20.30 on Saturday 21st of April.
Copa Del Rey final, Sevilla vs Barcelona odds
- Betsson odds: Sevilla 5.75, draw 4.45, Barcelona 1.50
- NordicBet odds: Sevilla 5.75, draw 4.45, Barcelona 1.50
- Unibet odds: Sevilla 6.00, draw 4.25, Barcelona 1.52
- William Hill odds: Sevilla 6.00, draw 4.40, Barcelona 1.50
Best odds at the time of writing(Wednesday 23.00); Best odds for Sevilla victory are offered by Unibet and William Hill. Best odds for a draw are offered by Betsson and NordicBet. Best odds for Barcelona victory are offered by Unibet. I will try to keep the odds up to date as much as possible.
The match should be available for stream through Betsson and Unibet Live, i will update this post to confirm or remove this part little bit closer to the match, or just check out the stream calendar on Saturday. Unofrtunately i havent found a betting site which could stream the match, even though i cant see a reason there wouldnt be a stream available, as i recall the semifinals were available..
Copa Del Rey final, Sevilla vs Barcelona is without a doubt the single biggest match of the weekend. By far the most entertaining, despite some decent matches throughout the weekend, such as; FA Cup semifinal’s from England and Scudetto deciding Juventus vs Napoli from Serie A.