BVB vs Monaco, UEFA Champions League 1st leg quarterfinal match, might look like the most boring one at first sight. But it will be ANYTHING but boring.
BVB vs Monaco match POSTPONED due to “security incident”(3 bomb explosions around Dortmund, one of which exploded in close proximity to the BVB bus). Match rescheduled for tomorrow, new kick-off time will be 18.45 (CEST).
BVB vs Monaco, both teams are among the most exciting teams in European football right now. Both have young setup of players, eager to prove themselves on the biggest stage. And they have done so already, and one of them will move on to UEFA Champions League semifinal’s. The only downside to this match, is that there is that other UCL QF match being played at the exact same time… Juventus vs Barcelona will be played at the same time, and i for one have no idea which match im going to focus on. I HATE channel surfing, but i suppose there is no option, as watching a match afterwards when you already know what’s going to happen sucks even more.
First of, BVB vs Monaco will be played on the 2nd biggest club football stadium in the world, Westfalen Stadium (formerly known as Signal Iduna Park). And even though the capacity of BVB home stadium is reduced by some 16000+ spectators for UEFA matches from 81360 to 65269, it’s still a spectacular stadium. The home crowd of BVB is what makes that Stadium one of the best in Europe, atmosphere wise.
BVB is somewhat struggling in Bundesliga, they are 4th in the table right now. And they lost the other big match of Saturday, Bayern Munich vs BVB 4-1. But, they still have been one of the best sides in Champions League this season.
AS Monaco, is topping the table in Ligue 1, they are 6 points ahead of PSG who are 3rd in Ligue 1 and 4 points ahead of Nice who’s 2nd. AS Monaco has been one of the most exciting teams in Europe this season. They have the youngest team in the competition, and it shows, they work like no other team. The players of Monaco are being linked with transfers to different destination each week, i for one hope they can keep their players keep building on the momentum. Monaco used to be a great side, and they are on the track to become one again.
Both teams play extremely attacking oriented football, attractive football would be the word to use on both of the sides. When two teams like this meet, the result is either pure chaos on the score-board or they cancel each other out and the match goes nowhere. My guess would be the 1st one, that’s at least what i hope. Which ever team eventually goes through from this match-up, none wants to be drawn against them in the semifinal stage, none.
One of the interesting facts about this match, is that BVB star player Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang used to play for AS Monaco. He was on loan at AS Monaco from AC Milan for the season 2010-2011, though he wasnt exactly the sharpsooter back then, he scored 2 goals in 19 games for AS Monaco.
Few players to keep an eye on in the match from both teams; Ousmane Dembele, Raphael Guerreiro, Christian Pulisic and Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang from BVB. Bernardo Silva, Kylian Mbappé, Thomas Lemar and Radamel Falcao from AS Monaco.
BVB vs Monaco statistics and odds comparison
BVB vs Monaco Statistics:
- BVB has won Champions League once (1997), they have also been the runners-up once (2013).
- AS Monaco has never won Champions League/European Cup, they have been the runners-up once(2004)
- This is the first ever UEFA Competition match between BVB and AS Monaco.
- BVB history vs French teams in UEFA competitions; 16 matches, of which they have won 6, lost 5 and 5 matches has ended as a draw (goals scored 19, goals conceded 20).
- AS Monaco history against German teams in UEFA competitions; 16 matches, of which they have won 7, lost 4 and 5 of the matches has ended as a draw (goals scored 23, goals conceded 19).
- Both BVB and Monaco have reached Semifinal stage of UEFA Champions League 3 times before.
- AS Monaco is the highest scoring team in European TOP 5 leagues this season (shared with Barcelona); with 88 goals in 31 matches, that’s an average of 2,84 goals per match.
- BVB is the 2nd highest scoring team in Bundesliga; with 59 goals in 28 matches, that’s an average of 2,10 goals per match.
- BVB finished the group stage as group winners from group F, the same group with Real Madrid. Losing no matches. Their undefeated campaign was shattered in Portugal vs Benfica in the 1st last 16 tie.
- AS Monaco started the Champions League season from the 3rd qualifying round. They finished the Group E as group winners above Bayer Leverkusen and Tottenham.
- Monaco conceded 6 goals in the round of 16 tie against MCFC, and emerged victorious, none had ever advanced through a UCL knockout stage match having conceded 6 times.
- BVB have lost just one of their last 12 UEFA competition home matches (9W, 1L, 2D).
- BVB vs Monaco match kick-off is 19.45 on Tuesday 11th of April. The return leg will be played on Wednesday 19th of April at Stade Louis II in Monaco.
BVB vs Monaco odds comparison:
- Bet365 odds (+100% first deposit bonus): BVB 13/20, draw 7/2, Monaco 4/1
- Betfair odds (risk free £20 bet sign-up bonus): BVB 4/6, draw 7/2, Monaco 19/5
- Ladbrokes odds (free £50 bet sign-up bonus): BVB 8/13, draw 16/5, Monaco 15/4
- Unibet odds (risk free £30 bet sign-up bonus): BVB 4/6, draw 17/5, Monaco 4/1
- William Hill odds (bet £10, get £30 in free bets sign-up bonus): BVB 4/6, draw 14/5, Monaco 4/1
Best odds for BVB vs Monaco Updated April 10th at 23.00; Best odds for BVB victory are offered by Betfair, Unibet and William hill. Best odds for a draw are offered by Bet365 and Betfair. Best odds for Monaco victory are offered by Bet365, Unibet and William Hill. I will try to keep the BVB vs Monaco odds comparison up to date, as it is still 3+ days for the match the odds are bound to change.
I would dare to argue, that BVB vs AS Monaco could be the BEST UEFA Champions League quarterfinal match-up. It’s the most even match-up quality wise, both team’s playing style is almost identical. There will be goals, LOTS OF THEM! For that reason alone, this match AND the return leg is among the 24 HUGE matches in April. The part that sucks about this scenario, is that there is that other UCL QF match on Tuesday 11th of April; Juventus vs Barcelona which has the potential to be just as good as this match, if not better. Same goes for Wednesday 12th of April, though there is a slight difference in quality. Bayern Munich vs Real Madrid could be the final of UCL this season, but Atletico Madrid vs Leicester is also very interesting match-up. Either way, enjoy your Champions League quarterfinals, whichever match you’re going to watch!