Bayern Munich vs Real Madrid, UEFA Champions League quarterfinal 1st leg on Wednesday 12th of April. Maybe the best quarterfinal match-up of the 4.
Bayern Munich vs Real Madrid, UEFA Champions League quarterfinal 1st leg, Wednesday 12th of April. On paper, this looks like a perfect… FINAL. But it does look like a very entertaining UCL quarterfinal match-up as well. Bayern Munich vs Real Madrid is a match between two teams that have the highest UEFA coefficient rating over the past 5 years; Real Madrid in #1 and Bayern Munich at #2. In other words, two of the best football teams in Europe, two teams that are in the Champions League quarterfinals, semifinals or finals year after year.
Both Bayern Munich and Real Madrid have a HUGE match in their domestic league’s this weekend; Real Madrid vs Atletico Madrid and Bayern Munich vs BVB, both on Saturday 8th of April. Whatever happens in those 2 matches, might have an effect on THIS UCL quarterfinal match.
One of the most interesting facts about this match, is that Carlo Ancelotti who led Real Madrid to their 10th Champions League/European Cup triumph in 2014. The current Real Madrid manager Zinedine Zidane was his assistant manager back then.
From that 2014 semifinal match-up, which ended in an 5-0 aggregate victory for Real Madrid, there are still many players present on both teams:
- From Bayern Munich; Neuer, Lahm, Boateng, Alaba, Robben, Muller and Javi Martinez still play for Bayern Munich, most of which will start the match on the pitch (barring injured players). Toni Kroos played in that match for Bayern Munich, now he plays for Real Madrid.
- From Real Madrid; Carvajal, Ramos, Pepe, Casemiro, Bale, Ronaldo, Benzema and Isco still plays for Real Madrid, most of which will start the match as well (unfortunately the one of the most exciting names on that list, Isco, will likely start on the bench)… Xabi Alonso played for Real Madrid in 2014, and will likely play for Bayern Munich on Tuesday. Xabi Alonso called his retirement after this season, ending a great footballing career and i would believe some sort of homage will be displayed on the return leg at Santiago Bernabeu.
Both Bayern Munich and Real Madrid are sitting at the top of their domestic league. Although the Madrid Derby and Barcelona match later on Saturday could change that.
Bayern Munich vs Real Madrid lineup’s and manager quote’s will be updated as soon as they are available. Update 10th of April, 23.40:
- Bayern Munich will be without Mats Hummels due to injury, Thomas Muller and Manuel Neuer are both still under consideration. Jerome Boateng is a yellow card away from suspension.
- Real Madrid are without Pepe who got injured in Madrid Derby and Raphael Varane. Luka Modric and Sergio Ramos are a yellow card away from suspension. Knowing Sergio Ramos’ style of play, NONE of the Real Madrid’s 3 best Centre Back’s might not be available for the return leg.
Bayern Munich vs Real Madrid statistics and odds comparison
Bayern Munich vs Real Madrid statistics:
- Real Madrid, is the most successful club in UEFA Champions League/European Cup history with 11 titles (1956, 1957, 1958, 1959, 1960, 1966, 1998, 2000, 2002, 20014, 2016).
- Bayern Munich is the 3rd most successful club in Champions League/European Cup history with 5 titles (1974, 1975, 1976, 2001, 2013).
- Bayern Munich vs Real Madrid H2H statistics of previous 22 matches; Bayern 11 wins, Real Madrid 9 wins and 2 of the matches has ended as a draw.
- Real Madrid is one of the two undefeated sides left in Champions League this season, the other one is Juventus.
- Last two-legged match between the sides in Allianz Arena, ended 0-4 in favour of Real Madrid in 2014. That match was the biggest home loss for Bayern Munich in UEFA competitions.
- Bayern Munich history vs Spanish teams in UEFA competitions; 53 matches, of which they have won 25, lost 16 and 12 of the matches has ended as a draw (goals scored 80, goals conceded 68).
- Real Madrid history vs German teams in UEFA competitions; 64 matches, of which they have won 29, lost 23 and 12 of the matches has ended as a draw (goals scored 117, goals conceded 101).
- This is the 11th time Bayern Munich and Real Madrid meet in Champions League/European Cup knockout rounds. Of which Bayern Munich has advanced 5 times, Real Madrid has advanced 5 times.
- This is the 28th time Bayern Munich appears in UEFA Champions League quarterfinal, of the previous 27 they have advanced victorious 18 times.
- This is the 34th time Real Madrid appears in UEFA Champions League quarterfinal, of the previous 33 they have advanced victorious 27 times.
- Real Madrid are looking to become the 1st team ever in UEFA Champions League era to retain the trophy.
- Bayern Munich vs Real Madrid match kick-off is 19.45 on Wednesday 12th of April. The return leg will be played 18th of April at Santiago Bernabeu in Madrid.
Bayern Munich vs Real Madrid odds comparison:
- Bet365 odds (+100% first deposit bonus): Bayern Munich 5/6, draw 29/10, Real Madrid 7/2
- Betfair odds (risk free £20 bet sign-up bonus): Bayern Munich 17/20, draw 11/4, Real Madrid 16/5
- Ladbrokes odds (free £50 bet sign-up bonus): Bayern Munich 3/4, draw 14/5, Real Madrid 10/3
- Unibet odds (risk free £30 bet sign-up bonus): Bayern Munich 41/50, draw 29/10, Real Madrid 7/2
- William Hill odds (bet £10, get £30 in free bets sign-up bonus): Bayern Munich 4/5, draw 5/2, Real Madrid 7/2
Best odds for Bayern Munich vs Real Madrid updated 10th of April, 23.00: Best odds for Bayern Munich victory are offered by Betfair. Best odds for a draw are offered by Bet365 and Unibet. Best odds for Real Madrid victory are offered by Bet365, Unibet and William Hill. I will try to keep the odds comparison up to date.
Bayern Munich vs Real Madrid is a colossal match on, it could/should be the final. The 1st leg and the return leg are both among the 24 huge matches in April. The other UEFA Champions League quarterfinal matches are; Juventus vs Barcelona, BVB vs Monaco and Atletico Madrid vs Leicester.